Monday, June 20, 2011

The Bleeding Worm: Fathers Day 2011

Let me preface this story by saying that Eli is extremely sensitive to animals and not hurting them. Over the Father’s Day weekend, we took the boys camping for the first time. Joe also took Eli fishing.

Daddy: Eli did great. He did a good job casting.
Mama: That’s great.
Eli: Yeah, the worm was bleeding. It was because of the hook.
Mama: (In my head, “Oh man, I didn’t think about that.”) Oh, really.
Eli: Yes, but that’s ok because I threw the worm in the water. It will wash off the blood and help him heal. The water is like a Band-Aid.
Mama: (Yeah, I am not going to tell him the truth at this point.) Yes, the water will wash the blood away. That’s  a good point.
Eli: Yeah, I saw it right after I threw it in and the blood was gone. It had already started healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment